Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Girls' Trip NYC

It is November and I am reminded of how thankful I need to be every day.  I am especially thankful for the opportunity to take a mini-girls' trip with Lauren and Steph.  We went to the taping of the Anderson daytime talk show in NYC.  It was amazing.  I had never been to a show like that before.  The show is taped in Time Warner Center.  We arrived around 7:45 and were the second group in line.  Once they allowed us inside, the production crew came around asking to see who had questions about the show topics for Anderson.  Of course, Stephanie had a question!  Unfortunately, while the show was being taped, they ran out of time for questions.  But that lucky girl did get the opportunity to ask Anderson a question after the show was finished taping and got a big hug as well!  He is hot-a true silverfox!

Me and my sis in Central Park
After leaving the show, we did some shopping and sightseeing.  It was a beautiful day in New York!  We did lots of walking and it was great to catch up with the girls.  We had planned to have a fancy dinner but ended up feeling really tired so we settled on a yummy lunch at an excellent NYC deli.

We had planned to really party it up and get wild, but it wasn't in the cards for us (we are definitely in our 30s).  But again, it was just sooooooo great to get away for a couple days and spend time somewhere different. 

I did miss my family, though.  My parents watched Nya and they told me that she really missed me, too.  That's my girl!  It's crazy to think that as she gets older it is actually harder for us to be apart!




Rockerfeller Center ice skating



Yummy lunch...


1 comment: