Sunday, October 23, 2011

“Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile.” ....William Cullen Bryant

I think that fall may be my favorite time of the year.  It's not too hot...not too cold...and not so many buzzing insects!  Those who know me know that I cannot stand the buzzing of flies and bees in my ears during the summer months.  Fall provides some relief from that.  I know it's silly.

We were so lucky to have a 3 day weekend!  There was no school on Friday for Nya or myself.  We decided to spend the weekend with Lauren and we really enjoyed our time together!

Saturday morning we went to Larriland Farm.  It was great!  We picked more pumpkins from the pumpkin patch, rode the hayride, and picked a bunch of apples from the orchard!  It was a perfect fall day and included popcorn, apple cider, and apple fritters!





Aunt Lauren had fun on the hayride too!



Nya was happy to see Pooh on the hayride trail.




Bedtime silliness...

"But Mom, I'm not tired..."




 
Posing for the camera prolongs the bedtime process...
On Sunday night Kwesi got a cozy fire going for all of us...the best...zzzzzzzzzzzz...what a great way to end the weekend.



Pepper and Chuchu love autumn, too!



How cute is Nya's teeny tiny apple from the orchard?




No comments:

Post a Comment